Guidelines and Information to join Daughters of Rachel
A Word From Bea Ogle
Being a Daughter of Rachel has been such a blessing in my life. It has been an assignment from God for me to be a member of this prayer network, committed to pray for Perry's ministry. In October of 1981, I felt the Lord direct me to be an intercessor for the Voice of Evangelism ministry. Signet Bank, where I was employed for thirty-eight years, gave me the opportunity for early retirement. Then I was free to devote much of my time to prayer as the Lord had directed. In 1992, the Daughters of Rachel became a reality when sixty-two ladies committed themselves to pray for VOE. We now have thousands of dedicated ladies who intercede in prayer for this growing ministry.
The Power of Prayer
Intercession is the act of praying on behalf of another person. An intercessor is one with whom God shares His secrets in prayer. Our prayer as intercessors should be, "Lord, create within me cleanliness and wholeness of heart that I may be your servant to stand in the gap." True intercession is actually twofold. One is asking God for divine intervention and the other is destroying the works of Satan.
The Daughters of Rachel prays for:
- The Voice of Evangelism Ministries, Perry & his family and VOE staff
- God's will for the ministry and protection for the Stone family
- Our churches and pastors
- Daughters of Rachel members and their families
- National, state, and local government leaders
- The peace of Israel and Jerusalem
- Salvation for lost souls
Our Seven Point Battle Plan:
- Clear your mind and focus on the Lord
"Set your affections on things above, not on things of the earth." - Colossians 3:2
- Enter into prayer with thanksgiving and praise
"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise: be thankful to him, and bless his name." -Psalms 100:4
- Ask God to cleanse us
"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." - Psalms 51:10
- Experience peace within
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." -John 14:27
- Intercede for others
"I exhort therefore that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made of all men." - I Timothy 2:1
- Place everything in God's hands
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you shall ask anything in my name, I will do it." - John 14:13,14
- Praise God for answering our prayers
"I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth." - Psalms 34:1
Guidelines of the Daughters of Rachel
- I agree to honor what the Daughters of Rachel prays for, along with the Seven Point Battle Plan.
- I agree to submit to the spiritual leadership of VOE and Bea Ogle.
- All prayer requests are treated as a sacred trust between the person asking for prayer and myself. I agree that I will not, at any time, reveal the prayer requests of others to anyone except Bea Ogle.
- I agree that I will not conduct prayer meetings under the Daughters of Rachel prayer cover without the agreement and approval of Bea Ogle.
- I will try to attend VOE campmeetings and commit to pray before each service with the Daughters of Rachel for God's direction for that service.
- Periodically, Bea may feel called to rally the Daughters of Rachel for group fasting or 24-hour prayer vigilance. If contacted, I commit to joining in these. If I am unable to fast due to health reasons, I will fast in another sacrifice, as God honors all sacrifices.
- I agree to work in unity and not participate in any form of activity contrary to scripture.
- I agree to respect the authority of those chosen to lead the Daughters of Rachel, and to honor any addendum that may be added to this document.